Saturday, February 7, 2009

It has been awhile.


I can't believe a month has passed since my last blog. I don't know if I should make an excuse for that or just say it comes with the territory. I think I will just give you an update.

Over the past month I have been spending Tuesdays, Thursdays and either Friday or Saturday over in Angels Camp. I have met many people during that time, not to mention the entertaining times of Karaoke at the Mercantile. My office is set up, although I don't spend much time there. Most of my time has been spent on the streets talking to people. We are starting a men's breakfast on Thursdays and moving our prayer night to Tuesdays. We have had a few new people visit from Calavaras county, but you wouldn't consider us a mega-church yet. But we are trusting that God will build His church. We have a good core group that loves Jesus and we are excited to see how God will use us in this endevor.

On a personal front. Our first round of foster kids went home on Friday of last week and by the following Thursday we had another one. We went from three to one and it seems like a cake walk. Right now both Connie and I are on our seperate computer which would not have been possible last week. Things are going well here. What excites me the most about all these new changes in our lives is how well our kids have done in relation to the foster kids and Angels Camp. Well, we need to go get some cinoman rolls. So this completes my blog entry for now.

No comments: